How Do I Clean a Cartridge Filter?
How do I clean a cartridge filter?
The following are the steps to cleaning a cartridge filter:
- Make sure the pool pump is off
- Release all the air from the air relief valve located at the top of the filer
- Loosen the band around the filter
- Remove the band and the filter lid
- Remove the cartridges
- Attach a high pressure nozzle to a garden hose
- Clean cartridges by hosing them down with water (do not use a power washer)
- Place cartridges back into the filter
- Check that the O Ring along the top of the filter base is tightly snug before placing the lid back on
- If the lid is not snug or won’t go on, replace the O Ring
- Attach the band back on and tighten, make sure there are no gaps